Wednesday, December 10, 2014

New Music : Mzungu Kichaa - Twende Kazi


Mzungu Kichaa releases his first Swahili single since his award winning debut album Tuko Pamoja. The single titled ‘TWENDE KAZI’ (Let’s Work) is from his EP ‘HUSTLE’ which was released on the 12.12.12. Mzungu Kichaa and P Funk Majani have produced the song. With over 50 Bongo Flava albums to his name Majani is without a doubt the Godfater of Bongo Flava, one of East Africa strongest and most popular urban genres. Twende Kazi has been nominated for a Danish Music Award as Best World Track.

The song is released on Mzungu Kichaa’s own label Caravan Records. It has been mixed and mastered at Copenhagen’s Winding Road Studios by Flemming Rasmussen, who, apart from producing some of Denmarks biggest artists, produced Metallica’s first four albums.

“Staying true to who I am, this single off my EP ‘Hustle’, is first and foremost for my Tanzanian fans.  However I will be pushing my personal boundaries when Hustle hits the streets; The EP also has two songs in English and a collaboration with one of my favorite Kenyan artists. I am very excited about this release, as I have been dying to show my non-Swahili speaking fans what I write about in my music”.

The songs nomination for a Danish Music Award shows that Tanzanian Bongo Flava has a wider appeal than ever before. Since the release of his debut album, Tuko Pamoja, Mzungu Kichaa has been actively touring in Denmark with his Tanzanian band, which explains how the artist landed this nomination. Mzungu Kichaa has also toured Africa, with several concerts in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.

Twende Kazi encourages youth to take their futures into their own hands. It condemns jealousy and the idea that success comes easily. Please see the lyrics for Twende Kazi below:

CONTACT: Louise Kamin +255 789 275 947, +255 763 022 022 CRTanzania@gmail.com T: @caravanrec
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Pages

Theme Support